Matka or Satta is a form of betting and also a kind of lottery. From the beginning, it started with betting on the opening and closing rates of cotton on the New York Cotton Exchange to the Bombay Cotton Exchange. It has been around quite some time even before the Indian independence. At that time it was known as Ankada Jugar.
Where to Bet?
Right now there are not many live casino sites that offer Matka but they are becoming more and more. In the meantime, you can find these gambling sites that we recommend for betting on cricket or live games.
The History of Matka
In the original form of Matka, betting would take place on the opening and closing rates of cotton, that was transmitted to the Bombay Cotton Exchange from the New York Cotton Exchange by telegram. However, in 1961, the New York Cotton Exchange stopped this practice, this made gamblers look for other ways to keep the game alive. This is when an immigrant named Ratan Khatri thought of a system where the numbers came from declaring opening and closing rates of imaginary products and playing cards. Numbers would be written on pieces of paper and put into a pot called matka, hence the current game is called matka. Later on, this system changed to drawing numbers from a deck of playing cards but the name Matka was kept.
Versions of Matka
The game got new versions later on and in 1962 Kalyanji Bhagat started the Worli Matka and in 1964 Ratan Khatri started the New Worli Matka with some modifications to the rules in favor of the players. Ratan Khatri’s Matka later gained huge popularity and became known as Main Ratan Matka. These are still the most popular Matka’s that are gambled on.
How to Play Satta Matka Online
To play Matka the player chooses three numbers between 0 and 9. These three numbers are then added together and the second digit of this sum is noted down together with the first three numbers. The player now has four numbers and can bet on various of the numbers or number sequences being picked from the pot.
- Single/Ank: Any digit between 0 and 9.
- Jodi/Pair: Any pair of two digits between 00 and 99.
- Patti/Panna: A three-digit number is patti/panna. Only limited 3 digit numbers are used.
- Open result/close result: The outcome of Matka is divided into two parts. The first part is called open result and the second part close result.
- SP/DP/TP: SP – Single Patti/Panna e.g. 123, DP – Double Patti/Panna e.g. 112, and TP – Triple Patti/Panna e.g. 111
- Cycle Patti: The last two digit of the patti is called the cycle patti or cp (e.g. if the patti is 128, the cycle patti is 28)
- Farak: Farak is the difference from close result to open result (e.g.if the jodi/pair is 57, 7–5; the farak is 2)
- Berij: Berij is the last digit of a jodi’s/pair’s sum. (e.g. if pair is 76, berij is 7+6 = 13; last digit is 3; means berij is 3)
How to Play Live Satta Matka
Most online casinos have a version where they are using cards. Let us have a look at how BetWay does its version.
The game is played with a deck of 40 cards where Jacks, Queens, and Kings have been removed from it. Ace is counted as 1 and 10 as 0. All cards numbering 2-9 are their value as stated on the card.
What you bet on is the Panna and the Single/Ank.
- The dealer starts by drawing 3 cards. let’s say 8, 5, 1
- The 3 cards are then arranged in numerical order, 0 at the end if a 10 is drawn. (1,5,8)
- These 3 cards together is a Panna (158), These 3 cards added together is an (Ank) Single number, so for this, it is 1+5+8=14. As this is double digits only the last number is the Single number, 4. If it is in single digits it would be the Ank. (1+2+3=6, single-digit Ank would be 6)
Payout ranges from 1.9 to 700 times bet.
Single – (0-9) 9.5
Low line – (1-5) 1.9
High line – (6-0) 1.9
Odd or Even Number – 1.9
Panna Bets (You predict the full Panna)
Single Panna – 140 (if no digits are the same)
Double Panna – 240 (if 2 digits are the same in the panna)
Triple Panna – 700 (if all digits are the same in the panna)
You can also win from betting on a single number(Ank) in the Panna, this goes for all the Panna’s and ranges from 12-700 times your bet.
Online Matka and Where to Play
Matka lottery is now mostly played online. There have not been any big changes in the rules and the only difference is mainly how the numbers are now generated by RNG, random number generation, instead of pieces of paper picked from a pot. Those interested can go to any of the Matka gambling websites, there are many, and it is also starting to show up at online casinos. We do recommend playing it at the casinos due to the security it gives. One such online casino is Jeetwin and they offer Malamaal Matka and this Matka you bet with choosing cards. And another casino is BetWay they have a card approach as well. You can also find Matka at 1xBet.
We do recommend when playing Matka online that you do so through a known site with good standing such as BetWay for example.
Check Out our Other Game reviews